Our litter mapping
Could you take part in our
We want to know more about the litter that community litter pickers collect
so we can target the worst areas and keep them cleaner for longer. If you do litter picking then it would be great if you could help us. We have an easy-to-follow record sheet to document the
location and type of litter. This will go into our litter mapping project. Or you can use our online survey while you are on the litter pick (details at the bottom of the page).
What you will need to
- A hi-viz jacket
- A litter picker and/or gloves
- A bag
- A record sheet (see below)
- A pen/pencil
- Mobile phone or watch (to keep track of how long you are out for)
survey should take place over a one hour period (although this can be divided up into shorter times if done in the same week)
Useful items to have with you:
- A map or GPS device
- A mobile phone (in case of emergencies)
- A camera/mobile phone
- A coat, hat and sunscreen – depending on the weather
- Always let someone know where you will be or do the survey with someone else.
- Stick to public land and stay away from busy roads with speed limits over 50mph.
- All children must be supervised.
- Cover any open cuts and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
- Look out for sharp objects eg broken glass. If you come across any needles please leave them where they are and report their location to Biffa (number below)
- ·Do not try to lift or move any large items such as tyres or car parts. These should be left where they are and again report to Biffa.
To contact our waste
contractor Biffa please call 03000 610610.
When you have finished your litter pick
Please make sure that you send your information to us
You can use the digital questionnaire using the link below
Or send by post
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Council Waste Team, 135
Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB
Any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Litter mapping
Contact us - Waste team
Joint Local Plan
We’d like your views on our new Joint Local Plan
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse district councils have come
together to work on a new Joint Local Plan which will guide the kinds of new housing and jobs needed and where they should go, informing planning application decisions for the districts.
To start, we want to hear your thoughts on the main issues facing our
districts and how we could use the Joint Local Plan to address them.
You can comment on our Joint Local Plan Issues consultation
from Thursday 12 May until 11.59pm on Thursday 23 June 2022.
Citizens Advice Oxfordshire South
and Vale has issued a press release providing tips for handling the cost of living crisis.